YEAR ABROAD BUCKET LIST.

Saturday 22 August 2015

I'm about to up sticks and head to Paris for a year. Yep, Paris! Everyone around me seems more excited than I am, but then, that's understandable, because they are thinking of the good things, whereas I am going to be dealing with a whole bunch of potentially overwhelming and stressful stuff (think: setting up a bank account in French, trying to survive on the measly loan Student Finance gives me, attempting to not fail my classes, all of which are in French, et cetera). Don't get me wrong, I'm getting a little more excited each day (especially now I have an apartment sorted, which is a huge weight off my shoulders), but in order to keep this excitement brewing, I started to try and think of things to look forward to. Thence came the idea for my Year Abroad Bucket List. Some of the things on this list are Paris or France-specific, but others are just general things I'd like to accomplish/do during my year abroad.


1. Find a cute café to visit often.
2. Eat real Parisian macarons.
3. Have a picnic by the Seine or in some gardens somewhere.
4. Visit the Eiffel Tower and take mega touristy pics.
5. Go to a concert in the city.
6. Take photos in the rain.
7. Go to Disneyland.
8. Visit that cool spot you saw a photo of on the internet where you can see the Eiffel Tower from afar.
9. Climb all the steps up to the Sacré-Cœur.
10. Watch a sunrise.
11. Go on a day trip out to Monet's lily pond.
12. Improve your French!
13. Make good friends with your flatmates.
14. Visit London (or anywhere, really!) with aforementioned friends.
15. Earn some money. €€€
16. Pass all exams and essays.
17. Visit a friend in another country or another part of France.
18. Stay in contact with London friends.
19. Learn to better appreciate wine, cheese and coffee.
20. Visit Lyon, or anywhere else in France.
21. Find a cheap (but good) hole-in-the-wall place to eat.
22. Do cute flatmate stuff (meals and trips etc.)
23. Take loads of photos - whether it's on your phone, your DSLR, your instant camera or a disposable.
24. Eat street food (mainly crêpes...eat as many as you can).
25. Start wearing red lipstick again.
26. Don't be afraid to make mistakes in French.
27. Make sure your outfits are always good. Always.
28. Try to make friends at uni (in class or in societies etc.).
29. Get back to London at some point to visit people.
30. Remember to send birthday cards to family.
31. Buy a coat you actually like and will wear.
32. Get used to using the Métro.
33. Start a new hobby.
34. Keep your blogging going.
35. Have fun!!!

As you can see, some of these ideas are unrelated to actually living in Paris, but others aren't, and I quite like the mix. I'm hoping to tick off as many of these points from the list as I can - specifically I think I'm aiming for a minimum of 25/35. Wish me luck!

See you next time!

Georgia

1 comment:

  1. 'Stay in contact with London friends' YH U BETTER CAUSE I'M NOT LOSING MY MOM

    ReplyDelete